- (adj) denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; “the halcyon days of the 1960s”
- (noun) a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves.
- (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher.
Halcyon (हैल्सीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शांत, खुशगवार, शान्तिपूर्ण
- late Middle English (in the mythological sense): via Latin from Greek alkuōn ‘kingfisher’ (also halkuōn, by association with hals ‘sea’ and kuōn ‘conceiving’).
Halcyon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Australian fans no longer take those halcyon days for granted after a barren period without a legspinner.
- Those halcyon years.
- Perhaps those halcyon days of the “mixed economy” were not meant to last long.
- I’m not expecting a return to those halcyon days.
- Those Halcyon Days in Winter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of halcyon
- halcyon bole toh halke din … halka halka sa yeh nasha… 🙂
laid-back Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(adj) relaxed and easy-going
Laid-back meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Presumably originally a metaphor — literally, “sitting in a tilted-back chair”, a relaxed posture of low defensive readiness.
Laid-back in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- There’s just something about the chilled out, laid back attitude of Goa town that makes you want to let your hair down.
- I’m laid back and down to earth person.
- It offers a laid-back pace and blends medieval architecture, scores of cafes, restaurants, boutiques and the zesty weekly market.
- To get that laid-back, uber cool look, distressed ripped jeans are another famed option that college-goers are opting for.
- We love Alia Bhatt’s laid-back approach to style.
How to Become More Laid Back | Better You
Imperturbable Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Imperturbable [im-per-tur-buh-buh l]
- (adj) unable to be upset or excited; calm.
Imperturbable (इम्पर्टर्बबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Imperturbable in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Imperturbable
- imperturbabble–im + pertur (like tur tur) + babble ( just talking foolishly..). So, the person who never do any tur-tur and never babbles is a very cool, calm and peaceful guy.
Watch Imperturbable cat
Assuage Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your wordlist Source
Assuage [uh–sweyj, uh–sweyzh]
- (verb) to make milder or less severe; relieve; ease; mitigate;to assuage one’s grief; to assuage one’s pain
- (verb) to appease; satisfy; allay; relieve;to assuage one’s hunger
- (verb) to soothe, calm, or mollify;to assuage his fears; to assuage her anger
Assuage ( अस्वेज / अस्वैज) meaning in Hindi
- बुझाना,कम करना,शान्त करना,धीमा करना,हलका करना,ठंडा कर देना,शांत करना,सन्तोष देना
Assuage word usage in recent news (Assuage in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Assuage
- ass-usage in the toilet gives huge relief – by vik24cool
Assuage pronunciation audio
This song will help you remember the meaning of assuage “Rootha Hai To Mana Lenge”