(verb) run or jump about playfully “Lead singer Andrea gambolled and spun with aplomb”
(noun) an act of running or jumping about playfully “the two of them run off to the woods for a gambol together”
Gambol (गैम्बल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
उछल-कूद करना, कलोल, कूद-फांद
- early 16th century: alteration of gambade (see gambado1), via French from Italian gambata ‘trip up’, from gamba ‘leg’.
Gambol in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- But however much they frolic and gambol, the walls of the room contain them.
- As fish gambol, preen and strut in the water, so thinking beings give off their best only when left uncontrolled.
- The promise in the name seemed to have paid off as I watched the three creatures gambol in the water.
- Goats and bare-bodied babies gambol around them, while a cow, undisturbed by any of this, pensively chews on her cud.
- Note that their own kids gambol in Pizza Huts and beer parlors : eminently conducive environs for spouting nationalism.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gambol
- gambol = game+ball (ucchal-khud)