- (verb) (especially with reference to an animal’s tail) move or cause to move rapidly to and fro. “his tail began to wag”
- (verb) move (an upwards-pointing finger) from side to side to signify disapproval. “she wagged a finger at Elinor”
- (noun) a single rapid movement from side to side. “a chirpy wag of the head”
- (noun) a person who makes jokes; a joker. “one wag shouted, ‘On that count you’ve got about three supporters!’”
- (noun) a person who plays truant. “Boogie plays the wag from school”
- (noun) a wife or girlfriend of a sports player, typically characterized as having a high media profile and a glamorous lifestyle.
Wag meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- हिलाना, वाक्विदग्ध, ठठोलिया, मसखरा, हिलाना
- Middle English (as a verb): from the Germanic base of Old English wagian ‘to sway’.
- mid 16th century (denoting a young man or mischievous boy, also used as a term of endearment to an infant): probably from obsolete waghalter ‘person likely to be hanged’ (see wag1, halter).
Wag in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Snakes and ladders: SoftBank Vision Fund’s climbing, sliding …, … Grofers, U.S. indoor farming firm Plenty and dog walking app Wag. … Notable investments: Indian QR code payment app Paytm, online …
- 22 pet-friendly places to stay in India this Diwali, The strongest of pet parents have cancelled vacations at the wag of a tail and the most passionate of travellers have been guilt-tripped into …
- Authorising the Indian captain to decide WAGs family time …, In an unusual policy change, the BCCI has authorized the Indian captain and coach to decide upon specific player requests for extra family time …
- Ishant shows the Indian tail can wag, These are the batting returns of Mohammad Shami and Ishant Sharma since the beginning of India’s tour of England in 2018, till the end of their successful …
- India vs Australia: A very long tail which doesn’t wag, What Ishant was trying to do made eminent sense — India’s tail has not really wagged recently, a weakness which has cost the team heavily, …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Wag
- wag relate it to “bag” ….some people move bags while walking…..
- wag can be divide two part wag~ wavy bag ~same for any other thing
How To Pronounce Wag