Alcove Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a small recess opening off a larger room
Alcove (ऐल्कोव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आला, कुटी, कुन्ज, गुफा, घिरौची, मेहराबदार ताखा
- late 16th century: from French alcôve, from Spanish alcoba, from Arabic al-qubba ‘the vault’.
Alcove in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Every floor will also have a small alcove, with an eatery.
- It now stands beatifically in an alcove of the newly constructed Saude Church on the Fort Kochi-Kanamally Road.
- The last has a statue of the Virgin in an alcove in the wall.
- Just above the entrance is a small alcove with images of Rama and Sita.
- They will also have a Children’s Alcove for the young ones.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of alcove
- alcove = all + cave (chhoti guffa)
ABYSS Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a deep or seemingly bottomless chasm; “a rope led down into the dark abyss”
- (noun) a wide or profound difference between people; a gulf; “the abyss between the two nations”
- (noun) the regions of hell conceived of as a bottomless pit.
- (noun) a catastrophic situation seen as likely to occur; “teetering on the edge of the abyss of a total political wipeout”
Abyss (अबिस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- रसातल, वितल, नर्क, अगाध गर्त्त, अतल समुद्र, गहरा कुंड, नरक कुंड
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘infernal pit’): via late Latin from Greek abussos ‘bottomless’, from a- ‘without’ + bussos ‘depth’.
Abyss in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- At the edge of the abyss.
- Public sector banks (PSB) are teetering on the brink of an abyss, with Rs 3 lakh crore of gross non-performing assets (NPA).
- It is certainly not a government that places a high premium on farmers and revival of agriculture from the hopeless abyss into which it has fallen.
- Don’t hesitate to pull the plug on a company that’s sliding into an abyss.
- An immensely challenging mission to recover the data recorders would begin in an oceanic abyss up to 4,000 metres (13,100 feet) deep.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abyss
- abyss = “ae” + 20 “byss” feet ka gadda
The Abyss (1989) – Trailer