- (verb) institute or conduct legal proceedings against (a person or organization). “they were prosecuted for obstructing the highway”
- (verb) institute legal proceedings in respect of (a claim or offence). “the state’s attorney’s office seemed to decide that this was a case worth prosecuting”
- (verb) carry on (a trade or pursuit).“”I am waiting for permission to prosecute my craft”
- (verb) continue with (a course of action) with a view to its completion. “a serious threat to the government’s ability to prosecute the war”
Prosecute meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अभियोग लगाना, अनुसरण करना, लगा रहना, जारी रखना, पीछा करना, निर्वाह करना, अभियोग चलाना, किये जाना, फौज दारी में नालिश करना, मुकदमा चलाना, मुक़दमा करना, अभियुक्त करना
- late Middle English (in prosecute (sense 2)): from Latin prosecut– ‘pursued, accompanied’, from the verb prosequi, from pro– ‘onward’ + sequi ‘follow’.
Prosecute in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Ishrat case: Guj govt denies nod to prosecute ex-cops
- Gujarat Govt Denied Sanction to Prosecute Ex Cops in Ishrat Jahan …
- Kamala Harris Vows to ‘Prosecute the Case’ Against Trump
- Manipur Govt Yet to Give Permission to CBI to Prosecute ‘Fake …
- Iran Should Reach Out to Labor Leaders, Not Prosecute Them
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Prosecute
- If you ‘Persistently’ tell someone ‘Cute’ he/she wil be irritated.
- sounds like prosecute which means to punish or torment
- if you’re not CUTE you’ll face PERSECUTE
- (verb) hurl missiles repeatedly at; “two boys pelted him with rotten apples”
- (verb) hurl (something) at someone or something; “she spotted four boys pelting stones at ducks”
- (of rain, hail, or snow) fall quickly and very heavily; “the rain was pelting down”
- (informal) run somewhere very quickly; “I pelted across the road”
- (Phrases) full pelt — as fast as possible; “I ran downstairs at full pelt”
- (noun) the skin of an animal with the fur, wool, or hair still on it; “traders brought reindeer pelts”
- (Phrases) in one’s pelt — naked.“they came across Henn, standing in his pelt by the river”
Pelt (पेलत / पलट / पेल्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- झपटना, झोंकना, डालना, पीटना, फेंकना, मारना, फेंक कर मारना, ताबड़तोड़ भागना, मूसलाधार होना, तेज़ी से आगे बढ़ना, खाल, चमड़ा, चोट, मार, कच्चा चमड़ा, ताबड़तोड़ भागना, मूसलाधार होना, कूड़ा-कर्कट, फेंकने का कार्य
- Middle English: either from obsolete pellet ‘skin’, from an Old French diminutive of pel ‘skin’, from Latin pellis ‘skin’, or a back-formation from peltry.
Pelt in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Miscreants pelt stones on new Train 18 during trial run.
- Hailstorm, rain pelt down on rabi crops.
- New Zealand canoe hire shop housed Tassie tiger pelt worth $250000.
- Storms pelt Shaver Lake with snow and rain mix.
- An animal’s pelt can be affected by a number of environmental factors.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pelt
Onus Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Onus [oh-nuh s]
- (noun) a difficult or disagreeable obligation, task, burden, etc.
Onus (ओनस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- mid 17th century: from Latin, literally ‘load or burden’.
Onus in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Spectrum adequate, call drops onus lies with telcos.
- Onus on government, AIFF to lift Indian football.
- Onus lies on Kathmandu to ease crisis.
- First Onus on Food Recall Lies with Business Operator.
- The onus is not on the school. It is on us as parents.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning on Onus
- On + Us… tumhara burden mere upar hai
English lesson 101 – Onus. Vocabulary & Grammar lessons