Hornswoggle [hawrn-swog-uh l]
- (verb) get the better of (someone) by cheating or deception.
- (verb) to swindle, cheat, hoodwink, or hoax.
Hornswoggle (हॉर्न्स्वागल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Hornswoggle sentences in newspaper
- The day would soon arrive when Peter would see he’d been well and truly hornswoggled.
- An example of hornswoggle is marketing a chili that is produced in New York by pretending it is Texas chili.
- Responding to a tweet from the reporter Chris Sheridan, who wrote that Jackson had been “hornswoggled,” Jackson wrote, “I’m okay with the Dallas deal.”
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of hornswoggle
- Horns- Evil, Woggle – Cheat -> Hornswoggled – got cheated by evil person
Identify who got hornswoggled in the video below