- (adj) abrupt or offhand in speech or manner; “she could be brusque and impatient”
Brusque (ब्रस्क) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from French, ‘lively, fierce’, from Italian brusco ‘sour’.
Brusque in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Donald Trump is brusque, aggressive, narcissistic and most likely, brutally honest.
- Known for his hard-line law-and-order views and brusque manner, he would set a very different tone than previous holders of the job.
- Trump has come across as brusque, almost bordering on being boorish, with no respect for the woman.
- While such sudden and brusque changes are the norm in corporate America which did not even spare its CEO Steve Jobs in 1985.
- Brusque & ruthless, Jagmohan Dalmiya lifted the game.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of brusque
- brush kyun??? I dont want to brush and kiss you!
Abbreviate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) shorten (a word, phrase, or text)
Abbreviate (अब्रीवीएट / अब्रीवीऐट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संक्षेप करना, कम करना, छोटा करना, संक्षिप्त करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin abbreviat- ‘shortened’, from the verb abbreviare, from Latin brevis ‘short’.
Abbreviate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- We started noticing that the younger generation tends to abbreviate longer names and hence we thought abbreviation is a good idea.
- Smile’s TextExpander 5 helps you type faster by making suggestions of frequently-typed phrases to abbreviate and save time.
- First, the abbreviation of a word should not be longer or more complex than the word itself.
- I know many friends who have shortened their name or found a similar name to abbreviate or adapt their difficult Indian name.
- According to the two comedians, the best way to “speak” is to just abbreviate everything to keep conversations short.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abbreviate
- Abbreviate word mein chhupa hai brevity(means brief)
SMS English ( Lesson) – Modern English abbreviations and Shortened text messages