- (verb) shorten (a piece of writing) without losing the sense. “the introduction is abridged from the author’s afterword to the novel
- (verb) curtail (a right or privilege). “even the right to free speech can be abridged”
Abridge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- कम करना, लघु करना,संक्षिप्त करना, घटाना, संक्षेप करना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘deprive of’): from Old French abregier, from late Latin abbreviare ‘cut short’ (see abbreviate).
Abridge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Cruel reality check to India’s archaic T20 plans but will they learn, India is home to the biggest T20 league in the world, but what comes … help any batsmen score effortlessly in the abridged version of the game.
- ORI project to digitise manuscripts regains traction, To familiarise the general public about the contents of Arthashastra, the ORI will also publish an abridged version of the ancient Indian classic, …
- How do economists predict GDP figures? These indicators help, As the minister admitted, India is going through an economic slowdown … Abridged financial results of Listed Companies from BSE/NSE for the …
- Cricket fans fire up over commentators’ on-air disagreement, India won the match by an innings and 46 runs to sweep the series 2-0 in … Here’s an abridged transcript of some of the chat that went on in the …
- Defying New Delhi’s pollution, Kutiyattam in open air holds …, … making it appear needlessly abridged, was indeed an accomplishment in itself — and very skilfully done by any standards by Margi Madhu.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Abridge
- a+bridge..well bridges are meant to reduce the gap between something..so abridging..something means reducingor shortening something.
- a+bridge : bridges can shorten the transportation time..
How to Pronounce abridge