- (adj) (of a person or action) showing dedication and diligence;“he watched himself with the most sedulous care”
Sedulous (सेजलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century: from Latin sedulus ‘zealous’ + -ous.
Sedulous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The students, who are sedulous, can make a great headway in academic activities for which emotional learning is an admirable path.
- The work of Krishna District Collector Babu A, in the ongoing construction of the new capital is marked by a sedulous attention to detail.
- We hope Aamir Khan finds the suitable girl to play his daughter in Dangal and all his sedulous efforts come to fruition.
- Governments have been quite sedulous in trying to support and generally encourage the industry, in terms of offering subsidies.
- He is remembered for his sedulous work in Den Amstel and in the villages of Guyana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sedulous
- seducing a lady is no doubt a sedulous task
Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
impend Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) be imminent or about to happen; “my impending departure”
impend (इम्पेन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निकट होना, समीप आ जाना, आ जाना
- late 16th century: from Latin impendere, from in- ‘towards, upon’ + pendere ‘hang’.
impend in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Yet, it remains the loyal lieutenant as even greater failures and attendant dangers impend due to Washington’s arrogance.
- Decline and disaster impend, but my thoughts don’t linger there. It shouldn’t surprise me if at this time next week I’m surrounded by family.
- Apple douses rumor of impending iMessage release for Android.
- One Last Chance to Stop China’s Impending Debt Crisis.
- Don’t panic about news of impending Fed rate hike.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of impend
- impending – jaada days pending nahi rahega ab… about to happen
imminent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) about to happen; “there was speculation that a ceasefire was imminent”
imminent (इमनन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सन्निकटता, आसन्न, करीब, निकटस्थ, सन्निकट, पास का, आने वाला, निकट का, अभी होने वाला
- late Middle English: from Latin imminent- ‘overhanging, impending’, from the verb imminere, from in- ‘upon, towards’ + minere ‘to project’.
imminent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- South African presidency denies imminent arrest of finance minister.
- Are Poor Sales, Lack Of Growth Signaling Imminent Recession?
- Nizami shifted to Dhaka Central Jail, execution imminent.
- Recent satellite images show no imminent signs of a fifth North Korean nuclear test.
- Air India pays pilots part of pending dues, avoids imminent strike.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of imminent
- imminent ~ immediate hone waala
Avi Lipkin: Is World War 3 Imminent?