- (verb) make obscure, unclear, or unintelligible. “the spelling changes will deform some familiar words and obfuscate their etymological origins”
- (verb) bewilder (someone). “the new rule is more likely to obfuscate people than enlighten them”
Obfuscate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अस्पष्ट करना, अंधेरा करना, किसी उलझन में डालना या होना, स्तम्भित कर देना, स्तब्ध कर देना, होश हवास गुम कर देना, असंबद्ध सूचना डालकर बात को अस्पष्ट करना, समझ के परे करना, उलझाना, ढकना, घबरा देना, काला करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin obfuscat– ‘darkened’, from the verb obfuscare, based on Latin fuscus ‘dark’.
Obfuscate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Opinion | Aaj ki Baat June 28 episode: Why Amit Shah said, Article …, For the first time, the Home Minister of India has unambiguously said in … Unlike Home Ministers in the past, who used to obfuscate on the ….
- Information technology will give India’s pluralism a voice, Information technology will change that and India’s pluralism will be … It may be possible to deny or obfuscate the facts of inequality in India, but …
- Diagnosed appeasement needs treatment, Right to life and security is the fundamental right of every Indian and in … of appeasement in India to blur and obfuscate fair administration and …
- Whose narrative is JK’s delimitation, asks KCSDS, … majoritarianism of India in Kashmir to further politically disempower the … disempower and denigrate Kashmiris to obfuscate their struggle for ….
- Vijay Mallya tries to obfuscate again: Attachment of assets worth Rs …, While laying hands on his assets indeed does partial justice to India and its taxpayers, full justice would be done only if in addition he is made …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Obfuscate
- obFUScate– same as conFUSe
- Fuse bulb put you in dark now.