- (verb) engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle. “passers-by grappled with the man after the knife attack”
- (verb) seize hold of (someone). “he grappled the young man around the throat”
- (verb) struggle to deal with or overcome (a difficulty or challenge). “other towns are still grappling with the problem”
- (verb) seize or hold with a grappling hook.
- (noun) a wrestling match.
- (noun) an instrument for seizing hold of something; a grappling hook.
Grapple meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पकड़, पेंच, मुठभेड़, बाहुयुद्ध, गुत्थम गुत्था, धर दबोचना, मल्ल युद्ध, एक प्रकार की हुक, कुश्ती, पकड़ना, बांधना, सामना करना, भिड़ जाना, कुश्ती लड़ना, हाथापाई करना, धर दबोचना, तड़फड़ाना, गुथना, जुटना, पकड़ना
- Middle English (as a noun denoting a grappling hook): from Old French grapil, from Provençal, diminutive of grapa ‘hook’, of Germanic origin; related to grape. The verb dates from the mid 16th century.
Grapple in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Budget 2019 | All eyes on Jal Shakti ministry as India’s water crisis …,Anything related to water is the talk of the town as cities across India grapple with acute water shortage. Chennai’s water reservoirs are parched …
- England grapple with fitness concerns ahead of India game, England’s defeat to Australia on Tuesday left them in a good deal of pain, needing victory in their final two matches against form teams India ..
- Reliance Jio partners with Facebook to launch literacy program for first …, Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest man, has enabled tens of millions of … which is the most popular app in India, continues to grapple with the …
- CBI cracks down on bank fraud scams in nationwide searches, … (CBI) launched a massive crackdown across India on Tuesday, even as probe agencies continued to grapple with cases of banking fraud.
- Aamir Khan To NDTV On How India Can Tackle Its Water Crisis …, As parts of the country grapple with acute water scarcity, actor Aamir Khan, the ambassador of the ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan’ is echoing the need for …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Grapple
- this when pronounced together..sounds like grapes and apples…so a fox STRUGGLING TO eat grapes and apple….
- grapple-> if you follow wwe..ders a guy called carlito who eats apple generally and spits it on d opponent..