- (verb) be imminent or about to happen; “my impending departure”
impend (इम्पेन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निकट होना, समीप आ जाना, आ जाना
- late 16th century: from Latin impendere, from in- ‘towards, upon’ + pendere ‘hang’.
impend in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Yet, it remains the loyal lieutenant as even greater failures and attendant dangers impend due to Washington’s arrogance.
- Decline and disaster impend, but my thoughts don’t linger there. It shouldn’t surprise me if at this time next week I’m surrounded by family.
- Apple douses rumor of impending iMessage release for Android.
- One Last Chance to Stop China’s Impending Debt Crisis.
- Don’t panic about news of impending Fed rate hike.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of impend
- impending – jaada days pending nahi rahega ab… about to happen
- (adj) about to happen; “there was speculation that a ceasefire was imminent”
imminent (इमनन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सन्निकटता, आसन्न, करीब, निकटस्थ, सन्निकट, पास का, आने वाला, निकट का, अभी होने वाला
- late Middle English: from Latin imminent- ‘overhanging, impending’, from the verb imminere, from in- ‘upon, towards’ + minere ‘to project’.
imminent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- South African presidency denies imminent arrest of finance minister.
- Are Poor Sales, Lack Of Growth Signaling Imminent Recession?
- Nizami shifted to Dhaka Central Jail, execution imminent.
- Recent satellite images show no imminent signs of a fifth North Korean nuclear test.
- Air India pays pilots part of pending dues, avoids imminent strike.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of imminent
- imminent ~ immediate hone waala
Avi Lipkin: Is World War 3 Imminent?
- (noun) the arrival of a notable person or thing; “the advent of television”
- (noun) the first season of the Church year, leading up to Christmas and including the four preceding Sundays.
Advent meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आगमन, अवतार, बड़े दिन से पहले चार सप्ताह, ईसा मसीह का पृथ्वी पर आगमन, ईसा मसीह का दुबारा आगमन
- Old English, from Latin adventus ‘arrival’, from advenire, from ad- ‘to’ + venire ‘come’.
Advent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- With the advent of credit cards, the habit of savings has taken a hit.
- The air was cool with the advent of winter.
- After the advent of democracy in 1990, leaders like Gajendra Narayan Singh demanded a fair share to Madhes.
- Geelani said instead of solving any issues faced by the Muslims, the advent of Islamic State has plunged the Muslim world into a civil war.
- The advent of Castro, marked the end of US business as usual.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of advent
- advent = add + event (waiting for event – arrival)
What is advent?