Garrulous [gar–uh-luh s, gar-yuh-]
- (adj) excessively talkative, especially on trivial matters; “a garrulous cab driver”
Garrulous (गेरलस / गैरलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गप्पी, झक्की, बकवादी, बहुभाषी, बातूनी, मुखर, वाचाल
- early 17th century: from Latin garrulus (from garrire ‘to chatter, prattle’) + -ous.
Garrulous in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- Like a garrulous, unthinking windbag he started blaming Pakistan for the attack in words we have heard before too many times.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today termed as “irresponsible” and “garrulous” the comments by the Central government.
- Modi, on the other hand, comes from a tradition of being garrulous and never short of words.
- A picture says more than a thousand words, and moving pictures are even more garrulous.
- Over the past few days we have been bombarded by news of the garrulously unpleasant Lalit Modi.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of garrulous
- girl -ous ( girls are often more garrulous than boys)