Abide Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation); “I said I would abide by their decision”
- (of a feeling or memory) continue without fading or being lost; “at least one memory will abide”
- (informal) be unable to tolerate; “he cannot abide lies”
Abide (अबाइड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्वीकार करना, बरदाश्त करना, एक जगह रहना, टिकना, ठहरना, पालन करना
- Old English ābīdan ‘wait’, from ā- ‘onwards’ + bīdan
Abide in a sentence (word usage from newspaper)
- The Centre today said it will abide by Supreme Court verdict on the issue of freeing convicts.
- When Laloo and co starts behaving like Indian citizens, abide by the law, end violence, stop provoke minorities, then they can ask questions.
- Her family was an outcast as her father refused to abide by certain age-old traditions.
- Moreover, the UB group chairman and Rajya Sabha member also said that he shall abide by the law and comply with the judicial system.
- If the government has made the law, everybody should abide by it.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abide
- abide = “aa” jao “bride”, it’s our wedding night, you must abide by rituals.
Life in Odd & Even Delhi – BC Films
Accede Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) agree to a demand, request, or treaty.“the authorities did not accede to the strikers’ demands”
- (verb) assume an office or position; “Elizabeth I acceded to the throne in 1558”
- (verb) become a member of an organization; “Albania acceded to the IMF in 1990”
Accede (ऐक्सीड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्वीकार करना, पद या कार्यभार ग्रहण करना, सम्मिलित होना, सहमत होना, झुक जाना, पद ग्रहण करना, कार्यभार ग्रहण करना, मान लेना
- late Middle English (in the general sense ‘come forward, approach’): from Latin accedere, from ad- ‘to’ + cedere ‘give way, yield’.
Accede in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Thus it became incumbent upon the stewards to accede to Shah’s request and investigate further.
- Besides this, I had verbally assured the Quaid-i-Azam that I would accede to Pakistan as soon as it was established.
- If the TDP fails to accede to the Kapu demands, it will be doomed, they warned.
- Jinnah accepted Junagadh’s accession to Pakistan and strenuously encouraged the Nizam of Hyderabad not to accede to India.
- “If we allow this, then the government will have no choice but to accede to the growing demands of SC and ST communities,” he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accede
- accede = ac + cede (yield to)
Crime Master Gogo Scene – Andaz Apna Apna