- (verb) blame or insult (someone) in strong or violent language; “he vituperated against all presidents with equal gusto”
Vituperate (वाइटूपरटिव / वटूपरटिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गाली देना, निंदा करना, तिरस्कार करना, घोर निन्दा करना, बुरा कहना, झिडंकना
- mid 16th century: from Latin vituperat- ‘censured, disparaged’.
Vituperate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Of course, Donald Trump started the vituperative campaign which looked like a hate campaign against Asians, Muslims, and even women.
- The woman he abused, Mayawati, indirectly insults the girl in her vituperative address on no less a platform than the country’s parliament.
- This crisis is also different in the sense that our opponent now is more vicious, more vituperative, more single-minded in his focus to destroy us.
- Your idiotic and vituperative TV debate shows were enough to judge your character.
- He said the YSRC, was making a vituperative attack on him purposefully.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vituperate
- “vitu” pe “rate” karna… saala vitu kamina hai.. iski rating 0.
- (verb) criticize (someone or something) harshly; “the manager lambasted his team”
Lambast (लैम्बेस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘beat, thrash’): from lam1 + baste3. The current sense dates from the late 19th century.
Lambast in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Salkar, Varma lambast Manohar after he quits BCCI.
- Video mocking Lata and Sachin: Twitteratis lambast Tanmay Bhat.
- Film-makers lambast jury.
- Former cricketers lambast Pakistan after Asia Cup exit.
- Preity has even taken to Twitter to lambast publications running with the story and has put her version of events forward.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lambast
- (verb) dismiss (someone or something) as unimportant.“the opposition belittled the government’s successes”
Belittle (बिलिटल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अपमान करना, अनादर करना , छोटा करना या समझना
- 1775-85, Americanism; be- + little
Belittle in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- In no way am I trying to belittle anyone with a chronic condition. I truly empathize and sympathize with others fighting a chronic beast.
- He never uttered a word but here on the huge amount of Rs 1.25 lakh crore, he is seeking to criticise it, undo it, belittle it,” he said.
- Qureshi purports to belittle Saif by using girlie terms of endearment like ‘Meri Jaan’, ‘Meri Bachchi’.
- In this six-minute video, Fox hosts and guests repeatedly belittle, insult, harass, and objectify women.
- But as a professional, you should always be mature even if some tries to belittle what you have achieved.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of belittle
- Belittle – ‘beta’ tuh ‘little’ hai… jaa bache jaa
Belittle – Explaination
Self-Deprecating [self-dep-ri-key-ting, self-]
- (adj) belittling or undervaluing oneself; excessively modest.
Deprecating (डेप्रकैटिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Self-deprecating in a sentence
Watch Alia Bhatt Self-deprecating Humor