- (verb) interpret (a person’s words or actions) wrongly; “his indifference can easily be misconstrued as arrogance”
Misconstrue (मिस्कन्स्ट्रू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गलत समझना, अशुद्ध अर्थ करना, गलत अर्थ लगाना
- 1350-1400; Middle English; mis-, construe
Misconstrue in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- However, unfortunately, a scarily large number of people misconstrue completely unrelated behaviour and traits as sexual consent.
- Don’t misconstrue religion as communalism: Badal
- Lot of things I say are misconstrued: Shah Rukh Khan.
- Don’t misconstrue SC order: Sanjiv Bhatt to Modi.
- They must not misconstrue individual mistakes as political issues and put pressure on the courts.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of misconstrue
- miscontrue = missing the truepart
- (verb) surprise and confuse (someone) so much that they are unsure how to react; “Diane was nonplussed by such an odd question”
- (noun) a state of being very surprised and confused; “reduced to a perfect nonplus, he rose from his chair”
Nonplus (नान्प्लस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संकोच, परेशानी, हैरान करना, हक्का-बक्का करना, उलझन में पड़ना
- late 16th century: from Latin non plus ‘not more’. The noun originally meant ‘a state in which no more can be said or done’.
Nonplus in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- Ramarajabhushanudu also known as Bhattu Murthy, a serious poet, was seen interjecting with repartee, to nonplus some of his colleagues.
- When the chief of police learned he was about to be arrested, he became nonplussed and refused to answer any questions.
- The inexperienced teenage driver was nonplussed when his car began to slide on the ice.
- Even the experienced doctor was nonplussed when he saw the patient with a chainsaw in his skull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonplus
- nonplus = 9 + plus = +++++++++ sounds confusing nah?
Confound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (verb) cause surprise or confusion in (someone), especially by not according with their expectations.“the inflation figure confounded economic analysts”
- (verb) mix up (something) with something else.“he was forever confounding managerialism with idealism”
- (verb) to contradict or refute; to confound their arguments.
- (verb) prove (a theory or expectation) wrong; “the rise in prices confounded expectations”
Confound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उलझाना, गड़बड़ करना, उलझन में डालना, हरा देना
- Middle English: from Old French confondre, from Latin confundere ‘pour together, mix up’
Confound in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of confound
- confound = confusion found
Hum tumme itne ched karengey – Dabangg funny video