- (verb) institute or conduct legal proceedings against (a person or organization). “they were prosecuted for obstructing the highway”
- (verb) institute legal proceedings in respect of (a claim or offence). “the state’s attorney’s office seemed to decide that this was a case worth prosecuting”
- (verb) carry on (a trade or pursuit).“”I am waiting for permission to prosecute my craft”
- (verb) continue with (a course of action) with a view to its completion. “a serious threat to the government’s ability to prosecute the war”
Prosecute meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अभियोग लगाना, अनुसरण करना, लगा रहना, जारी रखना, पीछा करना, निर्वाह करना, अभियोग चलाना, किये जाना, फौज दारी में नालिश करना, मुकदमा चलाना, मुक़दमा करना, अभियुक्त करना
- late Middle English (in prosecute (sense 2)): from Latin prosecut– ‘pursued, accompanied’, from the verb prosequi, from pro– ‘onward’ + sequi ‘follow’.
Prosecute in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Ishrat case: Guj govt denies nod to prosecute ex-cops
- Gujarat Govt Denied Sanction to Prosecute Ex Cops in Ishrat Jahan …
- Kamala Harris Vows to ‘Prosecute the Case’ Against Trump
- Manipur Govt Yet to Give Permission to CBI to Prosecute ‘Fake …
- Iran Should Reach Out to Labor Leaders, Not Prosecute Them
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Prosecute
- If you ‘Persistently’ tell someone ‘Cute’ he/she wil be irritated.
- sounds like prosecute which means to punish or torment
- if you’re not CUTE you’ll face PERSECUTE
Prolong Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) extend the duration of; “unwilling to prolong the conversation, Sehwag said her goodbyes”
Prolong (प्रलॉंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: from Old French prolonguer, from late Latin prolongare, from pro- ‘forward, onward’ + longus ‘long’.
Prolong in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Pranayama is a Sanskrit term, which means prana or the vital force or life energy, ayam means to prolong.
- Effectively, this would prolong the war by another two years.
- We are not going to have a prolonged leadership election campaign.
- we cannot prolong the state of emergency.
- You prolong a shot more than a few seconds, people get anxious.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prolong
- Prolong mein chuupa hai ‘long’ (lamba)
Abide Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation); “I said I would abide by their decision”
- (of a feeling or memory) continue without fading or being lost; “at least one memory will abide”
- (informal) be unable to tolerate; “he cannot abide lies”
Abide (अबाइड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्वीकार करना, बरदाश्त करना, एक जगह रहना, टिकना, ठहरना, पालन करना
- Old English ābīdan ‘wait’, from ā- ‘onwards’ + bīdan
Abide in a sentence (word usage from newspaper)
- The Centre today said it will abide by Supreme Court verdict on the issue of freeing convicts.
- When Laloo and co starts behaving like Indian citizens, abide by the law, end violence, stop provoke minorities, then they can ask questions.
- Her family was an outcast as her father refused to abide by certain age-old traditions.
- Moreover, the UB group chairman and Rajya Sabha member also said that he shall abide by the law and comply with the judicial system.
- If the government has made the law, everybody should abide by it.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abide
- abide = “aa” jao “bride”, it’s our wedding night, you must abide by rituals.
Life in Odd & Even Delhi – BC Films
Enduring Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Enduring [en-doo r-ing, –dyoo r-]
- (adj) lasting over a period of time; enduring love; enduring promises
- (adj) patient; long-suffering.
Enduring (एन्डुरिंग) meaning in Hindi
Enduring in a sentence (Word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Enduring
- enduring – durable(duracell) – means long-lasting.
How to pronounce Enduring
Gangnam style Duracell advert [HQ]