- (noun) a medicine or treatment for a disease or injury. “herbal remedies for aches and pains”
- (noun) a means of counteracting or eliminating something undesirable. “shopping became a remedy for personal problems”
- (noun) a means of legal reparation. “compensation is available as a remedy against governmental institutions”
- (verb) the margin within which coins as minted may differ from the standard fineness and weight.
- (verb) set right (an undesirable situation). “money will be given to remedy the poor funding of nurseries”
Remedy meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उपचार,सुधारना, बेहतर बनाना, उपाय,इलाज, दवा, ठीक करना, सुधारना, रोग का निवारण, इलाज, उपचार करना, उपाय, औषधि, कष्ट-निवारण, चिकित्सा, चिकित्सा करना, ठीक करना, प्रतिकार करना
- Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French remedie, from Latin remedium, from re- ‘back’ (also expressing intensive force) + mederi ‘heal’.
Remedy in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Manmohan Singh slams govt, shares 5-point remedy plan for …, He said the government first has to admit that India is going through an economic crisis. Only then it could aim at rationalising Goods and …
- Govt to make changes in rules of trade remedies to make them …, These are trade remedy measures provided under the global trade norms … “These changes meet long-standing demands of Indian domestic …
- India to align trade remedy rules with global best practices, India will soon align its trade remedy rules and regulations with established world standards to give maximum benefit to Indian industry, said …
- Time to get ”Phool Proof”, Also, there are very few academic books on Bach flower remedy. What most books didn”t include was the Indian flowers, their benefits and how …
- Joining RCEP: Should India Bet As It Promises Advantages …, The noted economist Dr Arvind Panagarya harped on export boost as an immediate remedy for the Indian auto sector , which cried for fiscal …
How to Pronounce "Remedy"