- (adj) possessing or showing courage or determination; “she made a valiant effort to hold her anger in check”
Valiant (वैल्यन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दिलेर, पराक्रमी, बहादुर, विक्रांत, वीर, शूर, शूरवीर, साहसी, बहादुराना, वीरतापूर्ण
- Middle English (also in the sense ‘robust, well-built’): from Old French vailant, based on Latin valere ‘be strong’.
Valiant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- His valiant knock comprised 12 fours and three sixes.
- A valiant fight put up by two groups of soldiers helped avoid a major hostage crisis as the three terrorists stormed into an Army installation.
- Playing in his 14th Test, the right-handed batsman scored a valiant 103 against the dominant visitors to help draw the fourth Test in Nagpur.
- Bitburger Open: Despite valiant effort, Sourabh Verma loses in final.
- No stone would be left unturned to help these valiant sons of the soil, he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valiant
- Valiant –> great effort by ‘ant’ in the ‘valley’
indomitable Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) impossible to subdue or defeat; “a woman of indomitable spirit”
indomitable (इन्डामिटबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (in the sense ‘untameable’): from late Latin indomitabilis, from in- ‘not’ + Latin domitare ‘to tame’.
indomitable in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Outsider Sakshi’s bronze tribute to indomitable spirit.
- P.V. Sindhu – a story of indomitable passion and incredible grace.
- He has an “indomitable spirit” and he never gives up.
- I must salute your courageous parents and your indomitable coach.
- I am deeply determined to motivate this indomitable and strong Nigerian team.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of indomitable
- indomitable – jisko dominate nahi kar sakte
Audacious Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Audacious [aw-dey-shuh s]
- (adj) showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks;“an audacious explorer”
- (adj) showing an impudent lack of respect; “he made an audacious remark”
Audacious (आडैशस / ऑडेशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उजड्ड, ढीठ, निडर, निर्भीक, साहसी, अक्खड़
- mid 16th century: from Latin audax, audac- ‘bold’ (from audere ‘dare’) + -ious.
Audacious in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of audacious
- crowd mein ‘Audible’ hone ke liye ‘audacious’ hone jaruri hai
Asian Paints Audacious Chote Nawab – “aane do!!”
Intrepid Vocab Meme – Daily English Vocabulary Words with Pictures to improve your Vocab
Intrepid [in-trep-id] (adjective)
- person or action that is bold and brave
- fearless; daring; bold
Word Usage: an intrepid explorer
Intrepid usage in News:
Intrepid dogs urged to put best paw forward for Brooklands walkies
The Insider: Intrepid Travel’s James Ingham gives his top tips on trekking trips