- (noun) a difficult or unpleasant situation.
Adversity (ऐड्वर्सिटी / अड्वर्सिटी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कठिनाई, गरीबी, तंगहाली, दुःख, दुर्दिन, दुर्भाग्य, विपत्ति, ग़रीबी, अभाग्य, आपदा
- Middle English: from Old French adversite, from Latin adversitas, from advertere ‘turn towards’.
Adversity in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Children learn to handle adversity from parents.
- I was trying to stay cheerful in the face of adversity.
- Nanna taught me to be brave in the face of adversity.
- It’s also a story of extremely brave parents who are willing to support their child in the face of adversity.
- It is the close ones that fail to give love and courage to their children during times of adversity if not protect them from it.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adversity
- Adversity = adverse + situation
Fearless like a child — overcoming adversity
Fractious [frak-shuh s]
- (adj) (typically of children) irritable and quarrelsome; “they fight and squabble like fractious children”
- (adj) (of a group or organization) difficult to control; unruly. “the National Olympic Committee has to hold its fractious members together”
Fractious ( फ्रैक्शस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- झगड़ालू, बेलगाम, अनियंत्रित, लड़ाका
- late 17th century: from fraction, probably on the pattern of the pair faction, factious
Fractious in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Fractious caste conflicts are no more the sole preserve of the Hindi heartland.
- We saw him embrace Greg Chappell’s philosophy, if not necessarily his approach, during those fractious times between 2005 and 2007.
- Thus the monetary policy committee might appear as a fractious and divided house.
- A 100-day protest in 1991, caused by fractious disputes over the nature of course structure, is especially memorable.
- The accord, reached after long, fractious negotiations, marks a dramatic break from decades of animosity between the United States and Iran
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fractious
- Fractious – fracture ho gya hai, isleye itna irritating behave kar raha hai launda
Indian Fractious girlfriend
Choleric [kol-er-ik, kuh-ler-ik]
- (adj) easily moved to anger
- (adj) bad-tempered or irritable
Choleric (कालरिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Choleric in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- It was Nawazuddin’s portrayal of a choleric policeman that really steals the show.
- Known for his choleric attitude, actor Aditya Pancholi got into a heated argument with journalists at Santa Cruz
- When was the last time we remember him acting so choleric?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Choleric
- cholera ho gaya hai… isleye Choleric behave kar raha hai (irritated and bad-tempered)
Personality Types – Sanguine, melancholy, Choleric, Phlegmatic
Querulous [kwer–uh-luh s, kwer-yuh-]
- (adj) full of complaints; complaining
Querulous (क्वेरलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सर्वदा शिकायत करनेवाला,विलापी,शिकायती
Querulous in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- This is also worth noting that whenever Washington inches closer to New Delhi, Islamabad becomes querulous.
- They are disappointed that AAP has turned out to be a querulous, argumentative bunch of single-minded individuals.
- Even the querulous Jamia teachers wouldn’t mind if they were to have, say, Finance Minister PC Chidambaram as their new VC.
- The receptionist added, in a querulous voice, that she knew about this.
- She steps out of her house, in a querulous mood oscillating between fatigue and euphoria.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Querulous
Yuvraj Singh’s father Yograaj Singh – Querulous?