- (noun) conversation or speech characterized by quick, witty comments or replies. “he had a quick mind and a splendid gift of repartee”
Repartee meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- रसिकोत्तर, सरसोत्तर, मसखरापन का जवाब, शीघ्र चातुर्य पूर्ण उत्तर, हाजिर जवाबी, क्षिप्र उत्तर, व्यंग्य उक्ति
- mid 17th century: from French repartie ‘replied promptly’, feminine past participle of repartir, from re–‘again’ + partir ‘set off’.
Repartee in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Patna, Mar 17 The presence of Lalu Prasad, known for his witty repartee and rustic mannerism, which made campaigning a lively affair, …
- As with other quaffable novels that suggest endless parties and rapid repartee, high-polish beauties and dark underbellies, Killing Time is …
- Witty repartee still features in Parliament. But does it persuade anymore?
- PM Imran Khan, Sheikh Rashid engage in witty repartee
- M Karunanidhi: For the master of repartee, wit was sharpest weapon
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Repartee
- The students gave a clever reply to the warden to party again in the hostel.
- REPARTEE, rhymes with party, so think of the party men, i.e. the politicians who are known for giving a CLEVER REPLY when interviewed.
REPARTEE that AGAIN Steve!!! | Family Feud