Vitriolic Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) filled with bitter criticism or malice; “he launched a vitriolic attack on the government”
Vitriolic meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कटु, तीखा, सख़्त, अति कटु भाषण
Vitriolic in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- Trumps vitriolic, hate-filled rhetoric is scary.
- Group condemns vitriolic attack on NAPIMS boss.
- Mr. Trump’s most vitriolic statements have targeted minorities including Muslims, Mexicans, women and the LGBT community.
- Some BJP leaders also believe Sidhu would not mount any vitriolic attack on BJP in the cut and thrust of the electoral battle of Punjab assembly.
- From questioning his educational qualifications to sending vitriolic tweets, the CM has not missed an opportunity to target Modi.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vitriolic
- VITRIOL = another name for sulphuric acid (H2SO4) which is bitter, caustic and harsh.
Punitive Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) inflicting or intended as punishment; “he called for punitive measures against the Eastern bloc”
- (adj) (of a tax or other charge) extremely high; “the government plans to announce punitive taxes on imports”
Punitive (प्यूनटिव / प्यूनिटिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from French punitif, -ive or medieval Latin punitivus, from Latin punit- ‘punished’, from the verb punire (see punish).
Punitive in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Punitive action: Imtiaz store to stay closed for 6 hours every day. Decision made due to massive traffic jams caused by shoppers.
- The administration has, finally, decided to take punitive action against cattle owners if their cows, buffaloes, goats are seen bathing in the lake.
- According to him, it is prudent that the government rolls out punitive measures to deter people from displaying bad environmental practices.
- A federal jury on May 23 awarded $6,128.39 in compensatory damages and $2.5 million in punitive damages to David M. Daugherty of Vienna.
- The federal government is considering punitive tax measures against non-filers of income tax returns in the federal budget.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of punitive