- (verb) trim (something) by cutting away its outer edges. “Carlo pared his thumbnails with his knife”
- (verb) cut off (the outer skin) of something. “pare off the rind using a peeler”
- (verb) educe (something) in size, extent, or quantity in a number of small successive stages. “union leaders publicly pared down their demands”
Pare meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- कतरना, काटना, घटाना, छांटना, छीलना, तराशना, छाँटना, कम करना, छोटा करना, संक्षिप्त करना, थोड़ा थोड़ा कम करना, साफ़ करना, क़ैंची करना
- Middle English: from Old French parer ‘adorn, prepare’, also ‘peel, trim’, from Latin parare ‘prepare’.
Pare in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Jet Airways shares pare gains after rising 1%
- Punjab National Bank to pare stake in PPNB Housing Finance
- Alok Sama to step down from SoftBank; KKR, GIC to pare stake in HDFC
- Nitesh Estates pares ₹450 crore debt via asset sale
- GST cut: Government expects realtors to pare prices
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pare
- You PARE your food when you eat SPARINGLY.
- i wont spare u wait iam cmg to pare ur skin.idiot
Abbreviate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) shorten (a word, phrase, or text)
Abbreviate (अब्रीवीएट / अब्रीवीऐट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संक्षेप करना, कम करना, छोटा करना, संक्षिप्त करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin abbreviat- ‘shortened’, from the verb abbreviare, from Latin brevis ‘short’.
Abbreviate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- We started noticing that the younger generation tends to abbreviate longer names and hence we thought abbreviation is a good idea.
- Smile’s TextExpander 5 helps you type faster by making suggestions of frequently-typed phrases to abbreviate and save time.
- First, the abbreviation of a word should not be longer or more complex than the word itself.
- I know many friends who have shortened their name or found a similar name to abbreviate or adapt their difficult Indian name.
- According to the two comedians, the best way to “speak” is to just abbreviate everything to keep conversations short.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abbreviate
- Abbreviate word mein chhupa hai brevity(means brief)
SMS English ( Lesson) – Modern English abbreviations and Shortened text messages