- (verb) reduce in extent or quantity; impose a restriction on. “civil liberties were further curtailed”
- (verb) deprive someone of (something). “I that am curtailed of this fair proportion”
Curtail meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- काटना, घटाना, छांटना, कम करना, छोटा करना, संक्षिप्त करना
- late 15th century: from obsolete curtal ‘horse with a docked tail’, from French courtault, from court‘short’, from Latin curtus . The change in the ending was due to association with tail1 and perhaps also with French tailler ‘to cut’.
Curtail in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Opinion | India’s Election Commission should not Curtail free speech, Elections are a celebration of democracy, and democracy, in large part, is about free speech and expression. Put the two propositions about ..
- You cannot Curtail natural instincts of a player like Rishabh, says …, Talking about Pant first, Amre said the young keeper-batsman took the disappointment of not making India’s World Cup squad on the chin.
- Oil’s not well for India | Petroleum, Starting May 2, India will no longer be able to import crude oil from Iran, … The US sanctions are intended to build pressure on Iran to Curtail its …
- Kolkata to have Curtail Ramzan bazaar for polls, KOLKATA: The 100-year-old Ramzan and Eid Bazaar around the iconic Nakhoda Mosque on Zakaria Street, which attracts thousands across ..
- IndiGo to Curtail 30 daily flights in February, The country’s largest airline IndiGo Wednesday announced Curtail around 30 flights daily for the rest of February as it looks to stabilise …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Curtail
- if you put CURTains to yur door or windows it will REDUCE the width of the door or window
- we use curtains to RESTRICT others seeing us (say while changing our clothes :D)…!!!