- (noun) skill or expertise in a particular activity or field; “his prowess as a fisherman”
- (noun) bravery in battle; “the knights were famed for their prowess in battle”
Prowess (प्राउअस / प्राउइस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- कौशल, दिलेरी, वीरता, शूरता, साहस, भुजबल, विचरना
- Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French proesce, from prou ‘valiant’. Sense 1 dates from the early 20th century.
Prowess in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- India’s skilled manpower and Finland’s high-end tech prowess should be leveraged under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Zac Posen Shows Off His Film Prowess at Metrograph.
- India “proves Ballistic Missile Defence prowess”
- Obamacare tests Trump’s deal-making prowess.
- Why Israel’s Sudden Baseball Prowess Actually Means Something.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prowess
- prowess meain chuppa hai POWER
- (adj) possessing or showing courage or determination; “she made a valiant effort to hold her anger in check”
Valiant (वैल्यन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दिलेर, पराक्रमी, बहादुर, विक्रांत, वीर, शूर, शूरवीर, साहसी, बहादुराना, वीरतापूर्ण
- Middle English (also in the sense ‘robust, well-built’): from Old French vailant, based on Latin valere ‘be strong’.
Valiant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- His valiant knock comprised 12 fours and three sixes.
- A valiant fight put up by two groups of soldiers helped avoid a major hostage crisis as the three terrorists stormed into an Army installation.
- Playing in his 14th Test, the right-handed batsman scored a valiant 103 against the dominant visitors to help draw the fourth Test in Nagpur.
- Bitburger Open: Despite valiant effort, Sourabh Verma loses in final.
- No stone would be left unturned to help these valiant sons of the soil, he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valiant
- Valiant –> great effort by ‘ant’ in the ‘valley’
- (noun) the qualities of a hero or heroine; exceptional or heroic courage when facing danger (especially in battle); “the medals are awarded for acts of valour”
Valour (वैलर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- वीरता, दिलेरी, निर्भयता, पराक्रम, बहादुरी, शूरता, साहस
- Middle English (denoting worth derived from personal qualities or rank): via Old French from late Latin valor, from valere ‘be strong’.
Valour in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the dam has not been built by bricks and mortar, “but by faith of our friendship and valour of Afghans”.
- PM Modi salutes the valour of soldiers at Arlington Cemetery.
- Chittorgarh: A saga of valour and courage.
- Son of local mom earns Medal of Valour.
- He indeed set an unforgettable and remarkable precedent of valour that still inspires and is a beacon for the institution of army.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of valour
Audacious [aw-dey-shuh s]
- (adj) showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks;“an audacious explorer”
- (adj) showing an impudent lack of respect; “he made an audacious remark”
Audacious (आडैशस / ऑडेशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उजड्ड, ढीठ, निडर, निर्भीक, साहसी, अक्खड़
- mid 16th century: from Latin audax, audac- ‘bold’ (from audere ‘dare’) + -ious.
Audacious in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of audacious
- crowd mein ‘Audible’ hone ke liye ‘audacious’ hone jaruri hai
Asian Paints Audacious Chote Nawab – “aane do!!”