Profound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense; “profound feelings of disquiet”
- (adj) (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight; “a profound philosopher”
- (adj) (of a disease or disability) very severe; “a case of profound liver failure”
- (adj) (of a subject or idea) demanding deep study or thought; “expressing profound truths in simple language”
- (noun) the deepest part of something, especially the ocean; “nor billowy surge disturbs the vast profound”
Profound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गहरा, गम्भीर, गहन, अत्यंत, महासागर
- Middle English: from Old French profund, from Latin profundus ‘deep’, from Latin pro ‘before’ + fundus ‘bottom’. The word was used earliest in the sense ‘showing deep insight’.
Profound in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shobhaa De frivolous statement only reflects her profound ignorance of how athletes perform or what motivates them towards excellence.
- The students were in a state of complete shock and profound grief.
- This will have a profound impact on food security and bring us closer to our national goal of doubling farmer incomes by 2020.
- Little and profound emotions have been woven in and the film is sure to give you a lump in the throat.
- India’s energy sector is seeing profound transformations since the past two years.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of profound
- profound = prof. found a deep (profound) secret
Sinister Vocab Meme Dictionary – ENglish to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen; “there was something sinister about that murmuring voice”
- (adj) evil or criminal; “there might be a more sinister motive behind the government’s actions”
Sinister (सिनिस्टर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अशुभ, कपटी, कुटील, डरावना, बायां, बुरा, बेईमान, भयावह, मनहूस, वाम
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘malicious, underhand’): from Old French sinistre or Latin sinister ‘left’.
Sinister in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Is a sinister plot afoot to murder Hemant Karkare once again?
- Not surprisingly, the BJP’s sinister attempt at intimidation against a Government which has not even been sworn in has drawn all-round flak.
- What unravels thereafter is a sinister network of human trafficking led by Fredrick (Prashant Narayanan).
- Even you declared me a sinister by telling people that we earlier ran a government when BJP was ruling at Centre.
- Red and his buddies find something sinister here.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sinister
- Sinister mein chuppa hai “sin”
Saturnine Vocab meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture
- (adj) (of a person or their manner) gloomy
- (adj) (of a person or their features) dark in colouring and moody or mysterious
- (adj) relating to lead
Saturnine (सैटर्नाइन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गुस्सैल,विषाक्त,शनि के प्रभाव से ग्रस्त,उदास,मंद,म्लान,एकांतप्रिय
Saturnine in a sentence
- The death of his adored father sinks the saturnine Turner into an even deeper gloom.
- his saturnine face and dark, watchful eyes
- a saturnine temperament
- “”the face was saturnine and swarthy, and the sensual lips…twisted with disdain”- Oscar Wilde”
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Saturnine
- Saturn = Shani, Shani = makes wrong things happen in one’s life (astronomically) so meaning = gloomy, unhappy, morose.Just remember saturns rings–> glommy,dull,faroff planet
Cheer Up, Grumpy Cat!