- (verb) bury or drown beneath a huge mass of something, especially water. “floodwaters overwhelmed hundreds of houses”
- (verb) give too much of something to; inundate. “they were overwhelmed by farewell messages”
- (verb) have a strong emotional effect on. “I was overwhelmed with guilt”
- (verb) defeat completely. “the Irish side was overwhelmed 15–3 by Scotland”
- (verb) be too strong for; overpower. “the Stilton doesn’t overwhelm the flavour of the trout”
Overwhelm meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पराजित करना, अधिक भावना प्रकट करना, विह्वल होना, वश में करना, अभिभुत होना, छा जाना, तबाह कर देना
Overwhelm in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Book traces evolution of campaigning in India elections, A new book traces the evolution of election campaigns in India by … as possible to saturate and Overwhelm the mind of an average Indian with …
- Vintage Di Maria helps PSG Overwhelm Real Madrid, Angel Di Maria scored twice in a vintage performance to help Paris St Germain outclass Real Madrid 3-0 in their opening Champions League …
- Adding Fizz, Fortunately, she was not Overwhelm . “I love variety, so India did not Overwhelm me. It’s hugely attractive. There is no opportunity to get bored …
- J&K and PoK: Why MEA Jaishankar’s comment isn’t the last …, The reason why India must insistently assert its claim is because the … to show that India can Overwhelm Pakistani defences in the region.
- Mumbai Rains: Trains and buses disrupted, showers Overwhelm city. Mumbai goes under. DNA Web Team; Sep 4, 2019, 01:23 PM IST. Heavy rains hit Mumbai …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Overwhelm
- over whim powder cover completely with bubles
- capable of attracting and holding interest; charming; “a captivating smile”, “he was captivated by her beauty”
Captivating (कैप्टिवैटिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मनोहर, मोहक, लुभावना, दिलकश
- early 16th century: from late Latin captivat- ‘taken captive’, from the verb captivare, from captivus (see captive).
Captivating in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Energy of NHL coming to Las Vegas is captivating.
- Kylie Jenner shows off her captivating curves.
- Astronaut Tim Peake Shares Captivating Images from Outer Space.
- Kabali track list is out and it’s captivating!
- It’s a film that utterly suits the style of Anurag Kashyap; yet he fails to create a captivating experience.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of captivating
- captivate – captain of the boat is very captivating
(verb) capture the complete attention of (someone); transfix
Mesmerize (मेज़्मराइज़) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
Mesmerize in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Ayushman Khurana to Mesmerize once again.
- Three star performers from Kashmiri flew to international destinations this year to mesmerize the audience with their live rendition.
- The ceremony will witness stunning performances by Jacqueline and Salim-Sulaiman, who are all set to mesmerize the spectators.
- Though there are no tourist spots to visit, the ecstatic charm and uninhibited feel of the village will mesmerize you.
- With its sharp muscular looks, the car will continue to mesmerize the automobile enthusiasts amidst the diesel car ban happenings.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mesmerize
- mesmerize –> create ‘mess’ in the ‘memory’
Mesmerizing Hindi songs