- (adj) closed or secured with a long rigid piece of wood, metal, or similar material. “he sits by a barred window”
- (adj) marked with bands of colour or light. “he spotted a barred owl”
- (verb) fasten (something, especially a door or window) with a bar or bars. “she bolted and barred the door”
- (verb) prevent or prohibit (someone) from doing something or from going somewhere. “journalists had been barred from covering the elections”
- (verb) forbid someone from undertaking (an activity). “the job she loved had been barred to her”
- (verb) exclude (something) from consideration. “nothing is barred in the crime novel”
- (verb) prevent or delay (an action) by objection
- (verb) mark (something) with bars or stripes. “his face was barred with light”
Barred meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- Middle English: from Old French barre (noun), barrer (verb), of unknown origin.
Barred in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Grenade blast in Kashmir as lockdown enters 3rd month, NEW DELHI — A U.S. senator and a well-known Indian activist were barred from visiting Indian-administered Kashmir, the disputed Himalayan …
- UK High Court uphelds India’s claim in 70-year-old Hyderabad funds … barred recovery; or that the claims of other parties were time barred.
- New home loan takers to gain instantly from RBI cut, Deputy MD of SBI Prashant Kumar said RBI has barred banks from levying any migration fee. But the regulator has allowed lenders to levy …
- Foreigners to be barred from running Goa nightlife businesses … Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service …
- Sunil Mittal: India should allow Huawei in 5G trials, Speaking at the India Economic Summit here, Mittal, the Chairman of Bharti … The US has barred its companies from working with Huawei, …
- (verb) refuse to allow (something). “I can see why phones were forbidden”
- (verb) order (someone) not to do something. “I was forbidden from seeing him again”
- (verb) refuse entry to a place or area. “all vehicles are forbidden”
- (verb) (of a circumstance or quality) make (something) impossible, prevent. “the cliffs forbid any easy turning movement”
Forbid meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- रोकना, वर्जना, निषेध करना, मना करना, वर्जित करना, वर्णित करना, मना करणे , बाधा देना
- Old English forbēodan (see for-, bid2).
Forbid in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- FACT CHECK: Did Modi forbid Muslim women from his event at Saifee
- RBI’s April Directive Forbids Banks To Trade Bitcoin From Today
- IBC: Move to forbid ‘dirty dozen’ to impact competitive bidding
- Sabarimala ban not anti-women as some temples also forbid men …
- God forbid we have to learn about Hinduism from Rahul Gandhi …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Forbid
- My sense of tact forbids an honest answer
- Your role in the projects precludes your involvement in the competitive project
(noun) an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country
(noun) an official ban on any activity
(verb) impose an official ban on (trade or a country or commodity)
Embargo (एम्बार्गो) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अधिरोध, प्रतिबंध, व्यापार घाट बंदी, व्यापार प्रतिरोघ, व्यापार रोक, अधिरोधन, प्रतिषेध
- early 17th century: from Spanish, from embargar ‘arrest’, based on Latin in- ‘in, within’ + barra ‘a bar’
Embargo in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Have not imposed any embargo on supplies to Nepal: India
- President Barack Obama wants to see an end to the US trade embargo against the communist-ruled island.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday called on his country’s lawmakers to lift the five-decade-old trade embargo against Cuba.
- Russia’s food embargo involves a one-year ban on meat, fish, dairy, fruit and vegetable imports from certain countries.
- he Excise department has put an embargo on the sale of liquor for four days between October 21 and October 24 due to Durga Puja.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of embargo
- embargo = bar + go = ban on bars
The History Of America’s Cuba Embargo