- (adj) (of organic matter) decaying or rotting and emitting a fetid smell; “a butcher who sold putrid meat”
- (adj) of or characteristic of rotting matter; “the putrid smells from the slaughterhouses”
- (adj) thoroughly corrupt, depraved, or evil.
Putrid (प्यूट्रिड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सड़ा हुआ, दुर्गन्धित ,उग्र गंध का
- late Middle English: from Latin putridus, from putrere ‘to rot’, from puter, putr- ‘rotten’.
Putrid in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Putrid Yamuna’s bugs eating up Taj Mahal.
- Of putrid politics, crocodile tears, trafficking of Zimbabwean women.
- Today, the river is a putrid drain with millions of tonnes of garbage, industrial waste and debris, sewage and plastic dumped into it.
- The case began when a cable television worker reported a putrid smell coming from a garage shared by Madison at the apartment building.
- Accusing Andhra politicians of playing putrid politics, KCR said they are trying to create animosity between the people of AP and Telangana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of putrid
- putrid = puke + rid (rotten cheez se rid)
HORRIBLE EGG SMELL IN THE CAR!!