Fractious [frak-shuh s]
- (adj) (typically of children) irritable and quarrelsome; “they fight and squabble like fractious children”
- (adj) (of a group or organization) difficult to control; unruly. “the National Olympic Committee has to hold its fractious members together”
Fractious ( फ्रैक्शस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- झगड़ालू, बेलगाम, अनियंत्रित, लड़ाका
- late 17th century: from fraction, probably on the pattern of the pair faction, factious
Fractious in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Fractious caste conflicts are no more the sole preserve of the Hindi heartland.
- We saw him embrace Greg Chappell’s philosophy, if not necessarily his approach, during those fractious times between 2005 and 2007.
- Thus the monetary policy committee might appear as a fractious and divided house.
- A 100-day protest in 1991, caused by fractious disputes over the nature of course structure, is especially memorable.
- The accord, reached after long, fractious negotiations, marks a dramatic break from decades of animosity between the United States and Iran
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of fractious
- Fractious – fracture ho gya hai, isleye itna irritating behave kar raha hai launda
Indian Fractious girlfriend