- capable of attracting and holding interest; charming; “a captivating smile”, “he was captivated by her beauty”
Captivating (कैप्टिवैटिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मनोहर, मोहक, लुभावना, दिलकश
- early 16th century: from late Latin captivat- ‘taken captive’, from the verb captivare, from captivus (see captive).
Captivating in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Energy of NHL coming to Las Vegas is captivating.
- Kylie Jenner shows off her captivating curves.
- Astronaut Tim Peake Shares Captivating Images from Outer Space.
- Kabali track list is out and it’s captivating!
- It’s a film that utterly suits the style of Anurag Kashyap; yet he fails to create a captivating experience.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of captivating
- captivate – captain of the boat is very captivating
Delectable [dih-lek-tuh-buh l]
- (adj) (of food or drink) delicious.“delectable handmade chocolates”
- (adj) extremely attractive.“the delectable Ms Davis”
- (noun) an especially appealing or appetizing food or dish, “a buffet table spread with delectables”
Delectable (डिलेक्टबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मनोहर, रमणीय, रुचिर, ललित, स्वादिष्ट
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin delectabilis, from delectare ‘to charm’ (see delight).
Delectable in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Right ingredients alone do not lead to a delectable dish.
- But before I started trying the delectable food items, I was offered Pineapple Panna.
- The unripe fruit is made into curries and stews along with aromatic spices which lend in a delectable flavour.
- A large spread of delectable snack items lie ready after a long day of fasting.
- For Indians, who are always hungry for some bloody drama, the high profile murders make for a delectable watch.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of delectable
- delectable = something delicious on table
Delectable Pan Asian Cuisine at Malaka Spice, Pune
Congenial [kuh n-jeen-yuh l]
- (adj) agreeable, suitable, or pleasing in nature or character
- (adj) (of a thing) pleasant or agreeable because suited to one’s taste or inclination
Congenial (कन्जीन्यल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- एक जाति का,एक मेल का,अनुकूल,अनुरूप,सुखद,सौहार्दपूर्ण,स्वजातीय
Congenial in a sentence
- South India not being a congenial unit, it is difficult to mark an area as south geographically or politically.
- Rani saw that a congenial atmosphere is a must for the cinematographer to shoot.
- The weather condition in wheat growing north western states is congenial for a good rabi crops, especially wheat, oil seeds, and pulses.
- she tried to create a congenial atmosphere for a smooth dialogue to resolve critical bilateral issues
- It is because your former foreign secretary made extremely negative statements about Pakistan. It did not help create a congenial atmosphere.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Congenial
- its con +genial…. so remember genelia she’s always ‘pleasant’
Brutal hailstorm at a cricket ground 1992
- (adj) (of a person’s attitude or behaviour) extreme or unparalleled
- (adj) of very great excellence or beauty
- (verb) (of a solid substance) change directly into vapour when heated, typically forming a solid deposit again on cooling
Sublime (सब्लाइम) meaning in Hindi
- उत्तम विषय,परम,उत्कृष्ट,पूजनीय,उदात्त,बड़ा,ऊंचा करना
Sublime in a sentence (usage from recent news)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Sublime
- Lime juice makes us feel joy exalted… -by crazylooks
How to pronounce Sublime
Sachin Tendulkar sublime batting