- (verb) destroy or injure severely; “many of the bodies had been mutilated”
- (verb) alter so as to make unrecognizable; “the 14th-century carved screen had been mutilated”
Mutilate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बुरी तरह नष्ट कर देना, काटना, छांटना, अंग भंग करना
- early 16th century: from Latin mutilat- ‘maimed, mutilated, lopped off’, from the verb mutilare, from mutilus ‘maimed’.
Mutilate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Chimps Kill, Mutilate and Cannibalize Member of Own Group.
- Woman who threatened to mutilate and kill horses jailed.
- Poachers poison, mutilate lions in South Africa.
- UNICEF decries high rate of female genital mutilation in the country.
- Pakistani troops kill 3 Indian soldiers, mutilate one at LoC.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mutilate
- mutilate = “ate”, if I ate your arm, I mutilate you
Stifle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation
- (verb) restrain (a reaction) or stop oneself acting on (an emotion); “she stifled a giggle”
- (verb) prevent or constrain (an activity or idea); “high taxes were stifling private enterprise”
- (verb) make (someone) unable to breathe properly; suffocate; “those in the streets were stifled by the fumes”
- (noun) a joint in the legs of horses, dogs, and other animals, equivalent to the knee in humans.
Stifle (स्टाइफल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: perhaps from a frequentative of Old French estouffer ‘smother, stifle’.
Stifle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- World Cup 2018 Qualifying: Syrians stifle Korea, Japan back on track.
- Sedition Has Become an Easy Tool to Stifle Dissent: Aakar Patel.
- Realty Law Has ‘Serious Anomalies’, Can Stifle Growth: DLF.
- BoE says won’t stifle innovation as wrestles with fintech.
- Is Jai Hind College trying to stifle the voices of Mumbai youths?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of stifle
- stifle = stif + rifle dekhkar chor bhi stifle ho jaayega
Confound Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (verb) cause surprise or confusion in (someone), especially by not according with their expectations.“the inflation figure confounded economic analysts”
- (verb) mix up (something) with something else.“he was forever confounding managerialism with idealism”
- (verb) to contradict or refute; to confound their arguments.
- (verb) prove (a theory or expectation) wrong; “the rise in prices confounded expectations”
Confound meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उलझाना, गड़बड़ करना, उलझन में डालना, हरा देना
- Middle English: from Old French confondre, from Latin confundere ‘pour together, mix up’
Confound in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of confound
- confound = confusion found
Hum tumme itne ched karengey – Dabangg funny video
Massacre Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist Via
- (noun) an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of many people; “reports of massacres by government troops”
- (verb) deliberately and brutally kill (many people);”thousands were brutally massacred by soldiers”
- Informal. a crushing defeat, especially in sports.
Massacre (मैसकर) meaning in Hindi
- कड़ी हार,सामूहिक हत्या,कत्ल,नरहत्या (f),पराजय,वध,हत्याकाण्ड,नरसंहार (m),शिकस्त,पराजित करना,संहार करना,सर्वसाधारण की हत्या करना,कड़ी पराजय देना
Massacre in a sentence (Word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Massacre
- massacre-mass killing and burring them in acre of land -by satish pawar
How to pronounce Massacre
Pakistan Massacre – How Can We Move On? Russell Brand The Trews (E213)