immure Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) enclose or confine (someone) against their will; “her brother was immured in a lunatic asylum”
immure (इम्युर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 16th century: from French emmurer or medieval Latin immurare, from in- ‘in’ + murus ‘wall’.
immure in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Well, intellectual though he was, with a personal library of some 50,000 books, Eco didn’t immure himself in the proverbial Ivory Tower.
- The real question, then as now, was: do we want to immure ourselves in Europe as part of an economic and political bloc.
- In trying to immure her five daughters within a house of mourning for eight years, she is trying to preserve values of respectability and chastity.
- Instead of drawing from sounds outside the genre, the artists opt to immure themselves in nostalgia.
- That walls are sad: made to immure misery.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of immure
- immure – eh + more ko andar band karo
Accost Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively; “the police accosted him in the street”
Accost (अकॉस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संभाषण करना, बोलना, अभिवादन, सलाम, नमस्कार
- late 16th century (originally in the sense ‘lie or go alongside’): from French accoster, from Italian accostare, from Latin ad- ‘to’ + costa ‘rib, side’.
Accost in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- There may be occasions as in Mumbai some years ago when the Shiv Sena used to accost people in the streets and ask them to speak in Marathi.
- Agents of bankrupt company accost chairman.
- Members of such organisations would accost them, tell them off or force them to get ‘married’.
- Smiling salespersons accost you with baskets of enticing pastries and savoury snacks outside the numerous bakeries and shops.
- Along the way, beggars would accost him and children would call out to him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accost
- at any cost (accost), i will approach her and say ‘ i love you’
Singham accost villian