- (adj) having or displaying a dashing, jaunty, or slightly disreputable quality or appearance; “he had a rakish, debonair look”
- (adj) (especially of a boat or car) smart and fast-looking, with streamlined angles and curves; “a rakish Chevrolet”
Rakish (रेकिश / रैकिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छिछोरपन लिया हुआ, लम्पट, बाँका
- early 18th century: from rake + -ish
Rakish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The new Swift will also carry a more rakish design.
- The updated model is aimed to appeal to a larger audience, with a combination of muscular shoulders, chiseled waistline and a rakish face.
- For me, the best cameo came from the actor who played the rakish Ravi Shastri with such wicked panache.
- Even Dev Patel, looking rakish and unfinished, kept to the crisp traditional look.
- There was a beautiful woman and a rakish man, and they didn’t like each other.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of rakish
- rakish = rakhi (rak) + sawant (sh) is known for her rakish looks.