- (adj) greyish white “hoary cobwebs”
- (adj) (of a person) old and having grey or white hair.(of a person) old and having grey or white hair.“a hoary old fellow with a face of white stubble”
- (adj) used in names of animals and plants covered with whitish fur or short hairs, e.g. hoary bat, hoary cress.
- (adj) overused and unoriginal; trite. “the hoary old adage often used by Fleet Street editors”
Hoary meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- धवला, धूसर, पक्का, पलित , पुराना , बूढ़ा , भूरा, सफेद , सफ़ेद , पलित केश , सफेद छोटे छोटे बाल वाला , सफ़ेद बालोंवाला
- The word is old indeed; it traces to an Old English adjective that appeared in Beowulf. That “hoary” ancestor evolved into “hoar,” a synonym of “ancient” that has been part of our language since before the 12th century
Hoary in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Many commentators claim Omar is guilty of pushing the hoary old ‘dual loyalties trope’ about the Jewish diaspora. She probably is. Tlaib, the ..
- Though barely 11-years-old since its formation in 2008, Bhongir boasts a hoary history with its famous fort atop a huge granite hill. And after the …
- It is embedded in a hoary Utah criminal code chapter on offenses against the family. So, it goes the way of other religiously sourced artifacts of …
- By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, Doctor Strange is coming back to the big screen! Marvel’s Sorcerer Supreme, who used to spout invocations …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hoary
- whose beard with age is hoar
- nodded his hoary head