- (adj) giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen; “there was something sinister about that murmuring voice”
- (adj) evil or criminal; “there might be a more sinister motive behind the government’s actions”
Sinister (सिनिस्टर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अशुभ, कपटी, कुटील, डरावना, बायां, बुरा, बेईमान, भयावह, मनहूस, वाम
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘malicious, underhand’): from Old French sinistre or Latin sinister ‘left’.
Sinister in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Is a sinister plot afoot to murder Hemant Karkare once again?
- Not surprisingly, the BJP’s sinister attempt at intimidation against a Government which has not even been sworn in has drawn all-round flak.
- What unravels thereafter is a sinister network of human trafficking led by Fredrick (Prashant Narayanan).
- Even you declared me a sinister by telling people that we earlier ran a government when BJP was ruling at Centre.
- Red and his buddies find something sinister here.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sinister
- Sinister mein chuppa hai “sin”