ABJURE Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure; “She abjured her beliefs”
Abjure (ऐब्जुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संत्याग करना, अस्वीकार करना, औपचारिक रूप से त्याग करना, शपथपूर्वक त्याग करना, त्यागना
- late Middle English: from Latin abjurare, from ab- ‘away’ + jurare ‘swear’.
Abjure in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shanmuganathan asks outfits to abjure path of violence.
- One will not become patriotic by shouting slogans; one has to abjure the sentiment of enmity, violence, vigilantism and vengeance.
- PM Narendra Modi asks Naxals to abjure violence.
- There will be no talks unless they abjure violence.
- This in itself will ensure officers abjure errant behaviour.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abjure
- Salmaan khan saying “ab” “jury” ke saamne kasam khata hun kabhi drink and drive nahi karunga.
Sholay – Gabbar Singh’s before abjuring violence
Gainsay Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) deny or contradict (a fact or statement) “it was difficult to gainsay his claim”
(verb) speak against or oppose (someone) “none could gainsay her”
Gainsay meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
विरोध करना, चुनौती देना, खण्डन करना, प्रतिवाद करना, अस्वीकार करना
- Middle English: from obsolete gain- ‘against’ + say.
Gainsay in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “There is no gainsay from such statements,” Mr. Diwan pointed out.
- “There is then no gainsay in the fact that transgenders enjoy basic human rights including protection from violence and discrimination.
- He was a perfectionist, but he will gainsay it for that’s what invariably makes him a perfectionist.
- If these demanding practices help Muslims find peace and God, no one has a right to gainsay them.
- But he also makes points that officials struggle to gainsay.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gainsay
- gainsay = gain weight?? say it… don’t deny… don’t gainsay