- (adj) with your identity concealed; “he travelled incognito”
- (adverb) without revealing one’s identity.
- (noun) an assumed or false identity; “she is locked in her incognito”
incognito (इन्काग्निटो / इन्कॉग्नीटो meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- भेस बदले हुए व्यक्ति, अज्ञात, गुप्त, चुपके, छिपा, अज्ञात या गुप्त रूप से
- mid 17th century: from Italian, literally ‘unknown’, from Latin incognitus, from in- ‘not’ + cognitus (past participle of cognoscere ‘know’).
incognito in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- There is no doubt that it has not been conclusively proven that Gumnami Baba was indeed Netaji living incognito.
- RBI officials will now visit bank branches incognito to find out if they are delivering on customer service and grievance redressal.
- Incognito bank visits to check service: RBI
- Shailene Woodley goes incognito for secret India trip.
- Watching porn in incognito mode may not be entirely safe.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of incognito
- remember it through Chrome browser – ‘incognito mode’