- (noun) violent or extreme disorder; chaos. “complete mayhem broke out”
- (noun) the crime of maliciously injuring or maiming someone, originally so as to render them defenceless.
Mayhem meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- खलबली, अफरा तफरी
- early 16th century: from Old French mayhem (see maim). The sense ‘disorder’ (originally US) dates from the late 19th century.
Mayhem in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Mayhem in Pakistan’s Parliament After India Revokes Article 370, A joint session of the Parliament in Pakistan was held today to discuss the future course of action against India after New Delhi announced to …
- Monsoon Mayhem Across India Captured in Pictures, An Indian army officer displays a sniper gun recovered during a search operation along the Amarnath route, during a joint press conference in …
- Article 370: Jammu & Kashmir real estate market may take time to pick …, “No one would do anything about real estate for the next one year,” he tells, and cautions about a coming mayhem in Indian real estate.
- Mid-cap mayhem: Long road to recovery, “Looking back, it was a mad-cap mayhem, and I got carried away,” rues … Markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India recently …
- Boult enjoyed the ‘mayhem‘ against India, Cape Town – Trent Boult embraced the ‘mayhem‘ as New Zealand’s opening bowlers produced a stunning spell to book their place in the World …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Mayhem
- sounds like MAY HARM … injurious
Monsoon Mayhem Hits India