- (verb) (humorous) make (someone) unable to think clearly; confuse; “being in love must have addled your brain”
- (verb) (of an egg) become rotten, producing no chick.
- (adj) not clear or cogent; muddled; “the film is addle-brained”
Addle (ऐडल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सड़ा, सड़ाना, ऊसर, निकम्मा, गंदा, खाली
- Middle English (in sense 2 of the adjective): from Old English adela ‘liquid filth’, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch aal and German Adel ‘mire, puddle’
Addle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Voters feel anger but not enough to addle their judgment in elections that actually matter.
- Did Paris attackers addle your brains?
- Absolutely unexpected meetings with nature can addle you that way.
- Volunteers will be instructed on how to addle new eggs.
- Hey, Granholm, how addle-brained are the people of Mississippi that they would elect someone who is so transparently dishonest as you?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of addle
- addle = add + all… Add everything and you will get confused
Bheja Fry – Addle