- (verb) (of a state or feeling) decrease in vigour or extent; become weaker; “confidence in the dollar waned”
- (verb) (of the moon) have a progressively smaller part of its visible surface illuminated, so that it appears to decrease in size; “the moon is waning”
- (Phrase) on the wane — becoming weaker or less extensive; “the epidemic was on the wane”
- (noun) the amount by which a plank or log is bevelled or falls short of a squared shape; “I cut the log into slabs without removing the outside wane”
Wane (वेन / वैन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उतरना, घटना, ढलना, कम होना, क्षीण होना, अधोगति, अवनति, कमी, क्षय, घटाव, पतन, ह्रास, चंद घटना
- Old English wanian ‘lessen’, of Germanic origin; related to Latin vanus ‘vain’.
Wane in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Manufacturing activity picks up but optimism continues to wane.
- US Report Says Anti-Americanism On the Wane in Greece.
- India’s craze for gold on the wane as yellow metal gets dearer.
- Atheism may be on the wane in Britain.
- Davos: Citigroup CEO admits London focus will wane after Brexit.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of wane
- wane === opposite of gain
Disband Vocab Meme – English to Hindi Translation with picture dictionary
(verb) (with reference to an organized group) break up or cause to break up;“the unit was scheduled to disband”
Disband (डिस्बैन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
छिन्न-भिन्न करना, सेना तोड़ना, तोड़ना, उखड़ना, बिखरना, तितर बितर करना
- late 16th century: from obsolete French desbander
Disband in a sentence (word usage in Newspaper)
- Earlier this year, the AAP central committee had decided to disband all state committees.
- Paween said he would disband his unit, raising concerns about protection for police officers.
- He’s even suggested that he’ll disband the collaborative completely if all parties don’t play by the rules.
- The reccomendation should have gone a little further and disband the West Indies cricket team!
- As a result the DHRP party may have to disband according to electoral laws.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of disband
- disband = dis + band ; School band was disbanded (तितर बितर करना)
Abeyance Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Abeyance [uh–bey–uh ns]
- (noun) a state of temporary disuse or suspension; “the project was left in abeyance for the time being”
Abeyance (अबेअन्स / अबैअन्स) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ठहराव, दुविधा, निलम्बन, विलंब, क्षणिक विराम
- late 16th century (in the legal sense): from Old French abeance ‘aspiration to a title’, from abeer ‘aspire after’, from a- ‘towards’ + beer ‘to gape’.
Abeyance in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of abeyance
- Abey – ance = obey – ance –> If you do not obey, you delay things
State govt keep in abeyance decision to extend bar timings