- (verb) leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest
Abscond (ऐब्स्कान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- फ़रार होना,भाग जाना
- mid 16th century (in the sense ‘hide, conceal oneself’): from Latin abscondere ‘hide’, from ab- ‘away, from’ + condere ‘stow’
Abscond in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- After conning the victims of huge sums of money, they abscond.
- Probably that was one of the main reasons he chose to surrender and cooperate with his captors rather than abscond.
- No one, howsoever mighty he or she maybe, has the right to abscond from the law.
- In the attempt to abscond from the place he lost control of the vehicle and knocked against two checkpoint barricades one after the other.
- Real estate tycoon Anil Kumar Sharma today claimed that he was not absconding after being named an accused in the murder of Balika.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abscond
- “Ab” – scond (“KAND”) – ‘Ab’ ‘kand’ karoge toh secrectly bhagna padega nahh
Dhoom – John’s absconding scene