- (verb) (of a group of people) kill (someone) for an alleged offence without a legal trial, especially by hanging; “six policemen were lynched by angry crowds”
Lynch meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बिना मुकदमे मार डालना, सज़ा
- mid 19th century: from Lynch’s law, named after Capt. William Lynch, head of a self-constituted judicial tribunal in Virginia circa 1780.
Lynch in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This could very well pave way for lynch mobs to attack me once I am out of the studio.
- Hyena rescued from Agra village lynch mob.
- Without a trial, the mob decided to lynch the accused.
- As a hate crime, they lynched the man from a tree. He hung there with a noose around his neck and a blank expression on his face.
- The crowd, angry at his treachery, decided to lynch him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lynch
- lynch — inch by inch (jammen se upar)… latka diya ped se…
'Jai Gangaajal' Official Trailer | Priyanka Chopra | Prakash Jha | Releasing On 4th March, 2016