- (noun) a man who is rough or clumsy and unintelligent; “they are just big, clumsy oafs”
Oaf (ओफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उल्लू, गंवार, मूर्ख, जारज संतान, बेवकूफ़ आदमी, गोबर-गणेश
- early 17th century: variant of obsolete auf, from Old Norse álfr ‘elf’. The original meaning was ‘elf’s child, changeling’, later ‘idiot child’ and ‘halfwit’, generalized in the current sense.
Oaf in a sentence
- Since the oaf never performed very well in school, he became lazy by living for years in his parent’s basement never being able to gain employment.
- With the oaf’s foolish answer in class, everyone rolled their eyes and ignored any future answers he would say
- While attempting to rob the bank, the oaf accidentally wrote his name on the slip he gave the bank teller demanding money.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reverberate
- Loafer mein chhupa hai oaf