- (verb) make (a disease or its symptoms) less severe without removing the cause; “treatment works by palliating symptoms”
- (verb) lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of (an offence); “if only there were some way to palliate his dirty deed”
- allay or moderate (fears or suspicions).
Palliate (पैलीएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- रोग शमन करना, चुप्पी साधना, अल्पीकरण, घटाना, न्यूनीकरण, लघूकरण, कम करना, हलका करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin palliat- ‘cloaked’, from the verb palliare, from pallium ‘cloak’.
Palliate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The main concern for these patients are the symptoms that they’re having and our need to really palliate these things as soon as we can.
- Doctors are trained first to diagnose, treat and fix — and second, to comfort, palliate and soothe.
- To ‘palliate‘ is to reduce pain and not to cure the disease itself.
- An app to palliate parking woes.
- Somehow I believed that going to India would help palliate the guilt that’s layered me since I left the country as a teen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of palliative
- (friend) PAL will ALLEVIATE your pain.
Palliative Care Versus Hospice