- (verb) enquire too inquisitively into a person’s private affairs; “I’m sick of you prying into my personal life”
Pry (प्राइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- निजी जानकारी प्राप्त करने की कोशिश करना
- early 19th century: from the verb prise, interpreted as pries, third person singular of the present tense.
Pry in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- But – phew – at least it was password protected, otherwise any peeping tom could pry through your entire mobile life.
- Don’t pry or compare: Nothing good can come out of it.
- All in all, it’s high time we banned such pathetic and less than smart ads that pry on women’s insecurities and pit them against each other.
- According to police, one fot he victims, a scrap dealer, was trying to pry out copper from the shell when it exploded.
- New US satellite seeks to pry secrets out of Atlantic’s storms.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pry
- pry = spy