- (verb) extend the duration of; “unwilling to prolong the conversation, Sehwag said her goodbyes”
Prolong (प्रलॉंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बढ़ाना, लंबा करना, टालना
- late Middle English: from Old French prolonguer, from late Latin prolongare, from pro- ‘forward, onward’ + longus ‘long’.
Prolong in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Pranayama is a Sanskrit term, which means prana or the vital force or life energy, ayam means to prolong.
- Effectively, this would prolong the war by another two years.
- We are not going to have a prolonged leadership election campaign.
- we cannot prolong the state of emergency.
- You prolong a shot more than a few seconds, people get anxious.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prolong
- Prolong mein chuupa hai ‘long’ (lamba)
How to Improve Your Health and Prolong Your Life with Good Lovemaking