- (verb) prod (someone) gently with one’s elbow in order to attract attention. “people were nudging each other and pointing at me”
- (verb) touch or push (something) gently or gradually. “the canoe nudged a bank of reeds”
- (verb) coax or gently encourage (someone) to do something. “we have to nudge the politicians in the right direction”
- (verb) approach (an age, figure, or level) very closely.“both men were nudging fifty”
- (noun) a light touch or push. “he gave her shoulder a nudge”
Nudge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनी से हलका धक्का, टहोका , कुहने से छूना, कुहनी से छूना, टहोका मारना, तक जाना, कुहनियों से धकियाते हुए आगे बढ़ना, टेहोकना, ले जाना, कुहनी से इशारा करना
- late 17th century (as a verb): of unknown origin; compare with Norwegian dialect nugga, nyggja ‘to push, rub’.
Nudge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- The Reserve Bank of India will nudge bank CEOs to pass on the benefit of lower policy rates like it did after the previous policy, because the …
- Max Bupa, one of India’s leading standalone health insurance player, … long integrated campaign #ExYourExcuse, in order to nudge people, …
- To add to the problems of aviation, one India’s most regulated … why are Indian carriers struggling so hard to nudge up their profitability ratios?
- Nudge the bars and the speed with which the bike drops into a corner … At ₹10.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India), the ZX-6R is quite nicely priced.
- India hasn’t been immune to this nexus either, and the country’s … Visa Steel, filed in December 2017 following the banking regulator’s nudge.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Nudge
- I nudged him with my nose when my hands were tied.
invigorate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) give strength or energy to; “the shower had invigorated her”
invigorate (इन्विगरिट / इन्विगरेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दृढ़ करना, पुष्ट करना, बल बढ़ाना, जान डालना, मज़बूत करना, बलवर्धन करना, स्फूर्ति से भर देना
- mid 17th century: from medieval Latin invigorat- ‘made strong’, from the verb invigorare, from in- ‘towards’ + Latin vigorare ‘make strong’ (from vigor ‘vigour’).
invigorate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- 850 Chinese firms invigorate Algeria ‘ s economic growth.
- Dr Reddy’s pins hopes on new molecules to invigorate profits.
- The government’s focus has been to re-energise and re-invigorate the relations.
- These specially formulated skin care products are packed with OxySphere technology to help remove dead skin cells and invigorate the skin.
- Innovation Can Invigorate Growth.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of invigorate
- in + vigor (strong) -> invigor tablet apne andar jaan phook deti hai.
Abet Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) encourage or assist (someone) to do something wrong, in particular to commit a crime; “he was not guilty of murder, but guilty of aiding and abetting others”
Abet (अबेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उकसाना, अपराध आदि में सहायक होना, बुरे काम के लिये उकसाना, सहयोग देना, बढ़ावा देना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘urge to do something good or bad’): from Old French abeter, from a- (from Latin ad ‘to, at’) + beter ‘hound, urge on’.
Abet in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Hang officials who abet lake encroachments, says Speaker.
- Social media and online media will continue to aid and abet terrorists with spreading their message and reaching new generations of recruits.
- We also arrested another young man, Ameen Ali, from the same premises for helping Muzamil abet the crime.
- China could initiate and enhance its support for militants in the Indian northeast, or worse, encourage and abet Pakistan’s proxy warriors.
- Digital currency to abet money laundering: Report
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abet
- abet = “aa” + “bet” lagate hai, you can’t kill a tiger
Akshay Kumar abetting the crime
Admonish Vocab Meme Dicitionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (verb) to caution, advise, or counsel against something
- (verb) to reprove or scold, especially in a mild and good-willed manner:
“The teacher admonished him about excessive noise”
- (verb) to urge to a duty; remind, “to admonish them about their obligations”
Admonish (ऐड्मानिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सावधान करना, कान खोलना, नम्रता से झिड़कना, साधारण चेतावनी देना, गम्भीरता से सलाह देना
- Middle English amonest ‘urge, exhort’, from Old French amonester, based on Latin admonere ‘urge by warning’
Admonish in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of admonish
- Mom admonishing ” beta so jao nahi De-mon aa jaayega”
Sunny Deol Admonishing 🙂