- (noun) a trap for catching birds or mammals, typically one having a noose of wire or cord.
- (noun) a thing likely to lure or tempt someone into harm or error. “seducers laid their snares for innocent provincials”
- (noun) a length of wire, gut, or hide stretched across a drumhead to produce a rattling sound.
- (noun) a wire loop for severing polyps or other growths.
- (verb) catch (a bird or mammal) in a snare. “the foxes were humanely snared”
- (verb) catch or trap (someone). “five blackmailers were snared in a police sting”
Snare meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- जाल, फँसाना, फंदा, फंदे में फाँसाना, स्नेयरअ, जाल में नीचे बिछी धातु की छड़, प्रलोभन का जाल, जाल में फसाना
- late Old English sneare, from Old Norse snara . snare (sense 2 of the noun) is probably from Middle Low German, Middle Dutch snare ‘harp string’.
Snare in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India’s killer wire snares, 22 tigers and 109 leopards choked to death in India due to wire snares between 2010 and 2018. Wildlife Protection Society of India has …
- Polypectomy Snare Industry 2019 Ongoing Trends and Recent …, HNY Research projects that the Polypectomy Snare market size will grow from USD XX … 1.2.2 Cold snare polypectomy … 2.2.6 India Market
- Poachers’ snares kill 36 big cats across India in 2019 … In March, a wildlife photographer snapped a tiger with a snare wound on its neck.
- Wire Snares: The Silent Stranglers, However, a database by Wildlife Protection Society of India (WPSI), working … “Anti-snare walks is the best preventive measure to monitor and …
- Leopard caught in snare rescued near Wayanad, KOZHIKODE: A leopard, which got stuck in a wire snare inside a tea plantation at Arapetta near Meppadi in Wayanad, was rescued by forest ..
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Snare
- (verb) involve (someone) deeply in an argument, conflict, or difficult situation. “the organization is currently embroiled in running battles with pressure groups”
- (verb) bring into a state of confusion or disorder. “what merit do you claim for having embroiled everything in which you are concerned?”
Embroil meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- early 17th century: from French embrouiller ‘to muddle’.
Embroil in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Mattala airport deal will embroil Sri Lanka in India-China ‘regional …
- War of Words in India-Pakistan Embroil May Lead to Full Conflict
- Opponents trying to embroil me in corruption cases: Pankaja Munde
- Thursday admitted meeting ex-Congress MLA Asif Mohammed Khan, but tried to embroil the Bharatiya Janata Party in the whole controversy.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Embroil
- “Wait… was I supposed to boil the chicken or broil it?” said the embroiled child
- embroil = ’em+broil i.e make them broil..force som1 to me heated with confusion
- capable of attracting and holding interest; charming; “a captivating smile”, “he was captivated by her beauty”
Captivating (कैप्टिवैटिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मनोहर, मोहक, लुभावना, दिलकश
- early 16th century: from late Latin captivat- ‘taken captive’, from the verb captivare, from captivus (see captive).
Captivating in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Energy of NHL coming to Las Vegas is captivating.
- Kylie Jenner shows off her captivating curves.
- Astronaut Tim Peake Shares Captivating Images from Outer Space.
- Kabali track list is out and it’s captivating!
- It’s a film that utterly suits the style of Anurag Kashyap; yet he fails to create a captivating experience.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of captivating
- captivate – captain of the boat is very captivating