Ambiguous [am-big-yoo-uh s]
- (adj) open to more than one interpretation; not having one obvious meaning;“ambiguous phrases”
- (adj) not clear or decided; “the election result was ambiguous”
Ambiguous (ऐम्बिग्यूअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अनेकार्थी, अस्पष्ट, संदिग्ध
- early 16th century (in the sense ‘indistinct, obscure’): from Latin ambiguus ‘doubtful’ (from ambigere ‘waver, go around’, from ambi- ‘both ways’ + agere ‘to drive’) + -ous.
Ambiguous in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- On Tuesday HRD minister Smriti Irani gave a ambiguous reply in Lok Sabha to a question on allowing Ph.D and M.Phil.
- They also claim that some of the rules are ambiguous, leading to cause for concern.
- The regulation is ambiguous at many places and compliance requirements are not very clear.
- While the budget document has been clearly and comprehensively structured it remains ambiguous about any tangible plan of action.
- Likewise, the constitution is also ambiguous on federalism, land reform and other issues including gender rights.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ambiguous
- Ambiguous = “bi” means 2, guous ~ guess, I made 2 wild guess for ambiguous question.
Top 10 Movies with Ambiguous Endings