- (adj) unnecessary, especially through being more than enough; “the purchaser should avoid asking for superfluous information”
Superfluous (सुपर्फ्लूअस / सूपर्फ्ल्वस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अतिरिक्त, अनावश्यक, निरर्थक, फ़ालतू, ज़रूरत से ज़्यादा, अति अधिक
- late Middle English: from Latin superfluus, from super- ‘over’ + fluere ‘to flow’.
Superfluous in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- The ‘superfluous‘ branches would be merged with the nearest SBI branch.
- Had James Milner converted his penalty and Liverpool held off Southampton for all three points, all talk of style would be superfluous.
- It is therefore superfluous to equate Hindutva with singing Vande Mataram, teaching yoga or doing surya namaskar.
- A pod hotel tends to strip a hotel room of all the superfluous facilities and compresses it down to space for a single person’s use.
- The Kolkata Knight Riders suffered a minor setback in their last game when they were blown away by David Warner’s superfluous 126.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of superfluous
- super = over… fluous = flow… overflow
Backlog Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an accumulation of uncompleted work or matters needing to be dealt with.
Backlog (बैक्लॉग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पिछला शेष कार्य, पिछले आर्डरों का ढेर
Backlog in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Supreme Court to hold Saturday hearings to reduce backlog.
- Pb CM gives nod to fill backlog of posts for visually-impaired.
- The Chancellor also authenticated distribution of more than 60,000 certificates which were in backlog since 2012.
- A source in MSEDCL said that Rs 1,039 crore have been sanctioned for removing backlog of agricultural pump connections.
- “By June end, 40,000 remaining power connections will be given to clear the backlog,” declared the Minister.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of backlog
Hyperbole Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (noun) obvious and intentional exaggeration.
- (noun) an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to betaken literally
Hyperbole (हाइपर्बली) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अतिशयोक्ति,अत्युक्ति,अत्योक्ति,किसी बात को घटा बढ़ाकर कहना
Hyperbole sentences from Newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hyperbole
- hyper(beyond the limit)+bole(means speak)..so someone who gives the statement beyond his limit..overstating basically.
Andaz Apna Apna – Hyperbole Scene 🙂